We are a big (and growing!) family. Overall we serve more than 370,000 people across Canada through Equitable Bank, Canada's Challenger Bank™ and have been around for more than 50 years. Equitable Bank's wholly owned subsidiary, Concentra Bank, supports credit unions across Canada that serve more than 5 million members.
· Create, implement and manage cloud deployments using Kubernetes and Docker
· Provide expertise for operational management of cloud platform for monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and build packs
· Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation through Kubernetes/Docker required for continuously improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of platform and associated services.
· Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshooting
· Use scripting tools to automate processes
· Develop, update, follow up and implement strategies, action plans, programs or solutions for technological infrastructure operation to ensure consistency and balance between business needs and compliance with requirements and good practices
· Develop performance indicators and monitoring methods. Identify problems and make recommendations to management.
· Maintain Primary and Disaster Recovery sites
· Interface and coordinate with development and technical support teams to resolve issues reported during daily operation
· Project Execution – perform tasks under the directions of the IT Director and/or according to a project plan in a way such that the timeline of the project is observed and the requirements of the task are satisfied
· Research new technologies and provide technical expertise as requested by IT Director
Let’s Talk About You!
· College diploma in computer science or equivalent is required. Higher accreditation (e.g., Bachelor of Computer Science) is an asset.
· 5+ years of experience working in an IT capacity
· 5+ years’ technical (OS, network operations, and monitoring) experience within an Enterprise sized business
· 2 year’ solid hands-on experience cloud deployments to Azure, AWS or GCP
· 2+ years of Kubernetes and Docker experience at an Enterprise scale(highly desirable)
· 1-2 years of experience doing DevOps
· 2+ years’ of hands-on experience in setting up logging and monitoring using one or more tools like ElasticSearch, Kibana, Filebeat, Logstash, Prometheus and Grafana
· Knowledge of containers, orchestration tools, and container management
· Experience in Service Mesh (Istio or Linkerd)
· Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline architecture (Jenkins, Azure Devops) including deployments into Kubernetes environments using tools such as ArgoCD
· Experience in security tool and best practices such as Auqa
· Experience with IaC practice (infrastructure as code)
Equitable Bank is deeply committed to inclusion. Our organization is stronger and our employees thrive when we honour and celebrate everyone’s diverse experiences and perspectives. In tandem with that commitment, we support and encourage our staff to grow not just in their career path, but personally as well.