Join us as the Lead of our Data Science team and shape the way we use Machine Learning to accelerate and transform our business! Our Data Science team has more than 20 different ML systems in production, serving millions of customers in multiple markets. With ML, we personalize the app, tackle waste & unavailability, efficiently process our customer feedback, and more! Needless to say, we are passionate about making a fast and positive impact on our customer's shopping journey using ML.
What you'll do:
- Identify opportunities for machine learning within Picnic, for new and mature projects
- Develop, lead and drive implementation of a strategy to scale Data Science throughout the organization
- Define, own, and lead execution of the product roadmap in alignment with all stakeholders across the entire organization
- Be responsible for machine learning being applied where it matters most, across Picnic
- Build and support a high-performance team in a rapidly growing organization, together with your technical counterpart
- Communicate effectively the value of machine learning and identify the cases where alternative solutions are more appropriate
- Master’s degree in AI, Computer Science, Mathematics, Econometrics, or relevant work experience
- At least five years of practical experience in data science at a company that runs machine learning models in production
- At least three years of experience leading a data science team, preferably with experience scaling up the team to handle growing demand and scope
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, the mindset of having data and tech at the core of everything we do
- Solid interpersonal and collaborative skills to interact with different stakeholders and inspire your team to grow
- Passionate about delivering a solid product vision that is key for the growth of Picnic
- Your English skills are on point (no Dutch required)
At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our affordable and sustainable app-only delivery service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you are passionate about data science, we’re offering you the opportunity to join our diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our data-driven, scale-up environment.